Monday, June 8, 2009

College

My College Experience is about to change dramatically for me. I've really been waiting on this opportunity for sometime now. I am meeting it head on with mixed feelings. Mostly of excitement.

I am a 32 year old single mom of three getting ready to move 2 1/2 hours away from my family, including two of my kids. The oldest is heading to middle school and wants to stay "home" and the youngest has been spending a lot of time with his dad and his family for the last couple of months. I decided to keep it the way it is.

Besides I am only doing this for under one year. I have only two semesters to go and then I graduate.

And yes, I am excited. I have worked very hard for this and I am looking forward to walking across the stage to get my diploma and changing my tassel to the other side.

Being away from home will probably leave me homesick for awhile. Particularly my kids and my beloved boyfriend of almost two years (in a few days it will be). All of them will be visiting often so I know I will become accustomed to a schedule of visits.

For awhile I have wondered what it would be like to live on campus. I was kind of envious of friends who have lived on campus.

Now, it's my turn even though I am way past the average age of a college student living on campus.

Still, I am very excited.

No comments: